• Talk about self and family members.
• Describe about how people are similar and
• Talk about the community and name some
• Talk about events in the past, present or future.
• Tell what comes next during familiar routines and
• Follow simple rules and directions.
• Show responsible behaviors.
Take your baby and children on walks in the neighborhood. Talk about what you see. Learn about the natural features like lakes, mountains and forests, and the human-made features like schools, fire stations and parks. Have your older child make a map of your neighborhood. Read books about communities and the people who work and live in them. Don't forget to check out our November ParentTip on Exploring Our Community to get more ideas and a suggested book list.