Our issue briefs promote the impact and return on investment of early childhood education.
Read more about investing in the early years:
- Investing in Maryland's Young Children - Our Early Childhood System
- Addressing the Achievement Gap
- Make It Your Business
- A Watershed Year For Early Learning in Maryland
Explores the 2013-2014 school readiness data and why school readiness is a smart business investment.
- The Business Benefits of Early Care and Education and School Readiness
An issue insight on the educational and economic dividends of early care and education.
- Remedies to Eliminate the Gaps in School Readiness and Achievement
An issue insight by Ronald Ferguson, the Director of the Tripod Project for School Improvement and the Achievement Gap Institute at the Harvard Kennedy School.
- A Proposal for Achieving High Returns on Early Childhood Development
A paper by Rob Grunewald and Art Rolnick of The Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, which explores how early childhood programs can be economic development initiatives, yielding high public returns as well as private returns.
- Early Childhood Development: Economic Development with a High Public Return
A paper by Art Rolnick and Rob Grunewald of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis in which they set forth an economic case for publicly funding early childhood development programs and services.
- The Case for Investing in America’s Hispanic Young Children
- High-quality early childhood care and education is critical to a healthy, productive workforce